Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's All About Love

I wanted to take some pictures for Valentine's Day to use on cards.  Then I started to really think about what kind of photos I wanted to take and I decided to focus on the theme love.  I wanted to explore all the different aspects of love and not just the warm and fuzzy feelings.  Love is so complicated.  I wanted my collection to visually reflect this complexity. Love makes you feel happy and excited, even giddy.  On the other hand, love can be painful.  We get our hearts broken.  The passion dies out.  People change.  Then we try to mend our hearts again and life goes on.

Here is what I've come up with so far..


Love is rocky.



Love can keep you warm in the cold of winter.


Love is sweet.



Love is fun.



Love hurts.



Love sets your heart on fire.



Sometimes love burns out.


(c) Sofia Smith 2012
View on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment