Saturday, January 7, 2012

Behind the Scenes

Sometimes I dream of having a little photo studio of my own, a creative space just for me. In the meantime, I make do with what I have.  Most of my photographs are taken on my dining room table. I use natural light, and there are two big windows in the dining room, so it is pretty ideal for lighting.  Anyway, I just wanted to share a little sneak peek at what happens behind the scenes.  I took this photo a long time ago (2007?) but not much has changed. 

Here is the picture I posted on Flickr.


Here is what was going on behind the scenes:





That is Celeste, one of my photography assistants. She's giving me that "Why aren't you paying attention to me? I don't like to be ignored." look. I regularly have to edit out a stray white cat hair from my photos.  

P.S. Celeste is looking very young and slim there.  Let's just say that she is more of a full-figured feline these days.

1 comment: