Saturday, December 10, 2011

I lose lose myself in a colorful world

clothespins by Sofia Katariina
clothespins, a photo by Sofia Katariina on Flickr.

Jukka, one of my father's brothers died this spring.  Matti, my mom's brother died a week ago.  Miriam, my stepdad's mom, died Thursday night.  I almost lost my husband this year.  Those events are just the tip of the iceberg of sorrow that this year has brought me and my family.  Without a doubt, it has been the most difficult and challenging year of my life.  I'm praying that this cycle of sadness is ready to pass and that a cylce of something better can begin. 

One of the things that helped me survive this year is my photography.  It is a a true escape.  I can just leave my sorrows behind, even for just a little while and live in a world of bright colors. I lose track of time in my little world and nothing else seems to matter.  I truly believe that it is a gift that I was given to help me through the tough times.  That might sound silly to some, but it has turned out to be one way I can keep going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment