Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Adventures of the Crazy Owl Lady


I've been collecting owls for awhile now. My mom says that my apartment looks like "a crazy owl lady lives there". Most of them I have bought from garage sales and thrift shops and I usually give them a little makeover with paint. Anyway, my mom and I went to our favorite thrift store for a little treasure hunt this afternoon and someone had donated a who...le collection of owl figurines to the store. There must have been at least 40 figurines of various sizes. I picked out some little brass owls and a woman shopping next to me picked out the other brass owls I had been eyeballing. The nerve! I kicked myself for not grabbing them fast enough. This triggered some sort of crazed lady inside me. I kindly asked her if she was set on buying said owls and of course she said yes. I seriously wanted to grab them out of her cart and run to the cash register. Insane, right? I'm not proud of myself. So, the moral of the story is that I should never be allowed out of the house on Black Friday, if there are owl items on sale.



Photos by Sofia Smith 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment