Monday, November 28, 2011

It's all about me!

The pressure is on.  This is my first post and probably the place where I should say something profound or interesting or at least something attention-grabbing.  But I guess I'll just settle for a little introduction.  So, here goes....


If it wasn't for the invention of the digital camera, I probably would not have photography as a hobby or a possible future dream job.  I was born with congenital cataracts and had numerous eye surgeries as a young child. As a result, I still have very poor vision and the traditional film camera doesn't allow me to see well enough to take the type of pictures I'm interested in taking . The viewfinder screen on a digital camera may not seem like a vital feature to most people, but it allows me to see well enough to capture the world around me.   

I suppose you could call my style of photography colorful, bold,  quirky and sometimes whimsical.  I mainly focus on still life photography. Other than that, my photography comes down to three simple things: A girl. A camera. A colorful world.


I'm currently in the process of launching Sofia Smith Photographic Art, my own small (more like tiny) business. This is scary new adventure, a dream, a lot of hard work and some fun all wrapped together.I will soon open an Etsy shop to make my photographs available to any admirers out there who are interested in my work.  Anyone will be able to add a bit of color to their life in the form of affordable photographic art.


If you are interested in viewing more of my photographs, you can visit my Flickr page:  www.flickr.com/sofiakatariina

No comments:

Post a Comment